Can Frenchies Eat Fruit? You need to Know
Probably the biggest question we get, can Frenchies eat fruit?
Fruits for French Bulldogs can be a nice alternative to the usual treats you give your dog. They're full of healthy nutrients, and it keeps your dog happy. After all, everyone loves a delicious fruit snack.
Well, let's find out a little more.
Fruits for French Bulldog
Keep your dog healthy by feeding him or her fruits. The following guide will help you make sure you avoid the toxic fruits that could hurt your Frenchie, and tell you which fruits are good for them to eat.
- Pears: Pears are a delicious fruit that are rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals. Pears are a great treat for French Bulldogs and have been shown to have many health benefits.
- Bananas: Bananas are a great snack for French bulldogs, as long as they are given in moderation. Bananas are high in fiber and also contain vitamins, biotin and copper. They are very low in sodium and cholesterol, and high in potassium.
- Apples: Sweet, delicious, and an excellent source of fiber, apples are definitely one of the best summer treats for your French bulldog. They're especially tasty for senior dogs or older dogs. Just make sure to remove the apple core and seeds before giving it to your dog.
- Oranges: One of the most popular French Bulldog treats is an orange. It's easy to see why they're so delicious. Oranges are packed full of vitamin C, and they're delicious! Just be careful not to feed them every day or your Frenchie will gain weight.
- Peaches: French bulldog cant eat peaches. Feeding a French Bulldog peaches is, in general, okay. They are a delicious fruit, and because the French Bulldog is not known for being hyper, you can feed them moderate portions without worrying about your pup running amok afterwards. Just be sure to remove the pit before serving them to your Frenchie.
- Blueberries: French Bulldogs are prone to colon cancer, diabetes, and kidney disease, and also have trouble with their digestive system. Luckily, these dogs process blueberries well and can benefit greatly from a diet rich in antioxidants
- Watermelon: Watermelon are one of the most refreshing fruits on a warm summer day. They are 92% water, which is important for helping flyers keep hydrated on hot days. Remove the rind and seeds before feeding watermelon to French Bulldogs.
- Raspberries: Raspberries are a super fruit high in fiber, fiber, manganese, vitamin C, and xylitol. Eating this delicious fruit can improve your Frenchies digestion, protect their aging joints, and help with allergies.
- Blackberries: Blackberries are the perfect French bulldog treat. They are packed with nutrients and antioxidants. They are a sweet and nutritious fruit that is safe to give French Bulldogs in small doses.
Fruits that are not good for French Bulldogs
It's always a good idea to make sure you know what could potentially harm your pets. Below are the fruits that you should avoid:
- Wild berrier
- Grapes and raisins
Final thoughts on fruits for Frenchies
Choose your fruits wisely. Only give your Frenchie fruits that are safe for them to eat. If they eat something toxic , talk to your vet as soon as you can.
You have received the best selection of Fruits for french bulldogs that you can find. Just be careful and don't overdo it.
We want to know what fruits your Frenchie loves the most, and why. We want to hear your experiences and how you decided on the best fruit for your French bulldog.